Greenhouse Devastation

•

You know how to tell when the school year has truly ended? When the Greenhouse Café (burning your BoardPlus since who-knows-when) has its produce significantly depleted at the end of the year. According to Brad M. Hartman, manager of the Greenhouse Cafe, the devastation inside is due to the last-minute rush to use up BoardPlus dollars.

Although those few extra dollars on your card will be gone forever after tomorrow, the Café will still be open throughout the summer. But when we took a peek inside this afternoon, we found half-empty shelves and even emptier serving stations. Check it out.

The Café will be operating on reduced hours until June 14, when the Summer School students arrive. But if you're going to be on campus afterward, rest assured that this oasis of gustatory delight will remain for your taking over the summer.

This post has been revised to reflect the following correction:

CORRECTION: May 28, 2010

An earlier version of the May 21 FlyBy post "Greenhouse To Operate on Reduced Hours" incorrectly stated that Greenhouse Cafe would close for an interim period between May 25 and May 31. In fact, it has been operating on a reduced hours schedule for part of the past week that will last until June 14. The full listing of summer hours is available on the Cafe's website. The title has also been changed to reflect the error.

On CampusFood and Drink

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.