Study Spaces: Adams, Lowell, Quincy

Tired of getting kicked out of Widener at 10 p.m.? Can't escape the Law School Library? Is Lamont feeling like too much of a party? We understand what you're going through. In order to make this reading period slightly more bearable, we've found some hidden treasures on campus for those late-night cramming sessions.

Quincy Bullitt Room

Located in the basement of New Quincy, the Bullitt Room's three long tables and white/chalkboards make it one of the best group study spaces on campus. Though you'll usually find this room deserted, it's important to note that sections meet here during the academic term. As a study break (or if you are looking for some musical accompaniment to your studying), take a spin on the room's upright piano. The Bullitt Room's only downside is the industrial lighting - a constant reminder of your underground exile.

Lowell O-014

If the white/chalkboards adorning the walls of Quincy's Bullitt Room provide the perfect environment for efficient group study, then the couches in Lowell O-14 make for most comfortable group study. Though there isn't much table space for writing, the Foosball and pool tables ensure that you won't get much writing done anyway.

Lowell N-012/G-016

If Lowell O-014's lack of table space is getting you down, head to the basement hallway to N-012 or G-016. N-012's tables and chalkboard allow for a more serious group study environment than in its O-entryway counterpart. If you're more of a lone wolf, take a seat in one of G-016's 25 individual desks and plow through all of that reading you've been putting off.

Adams' "Sean Palfrey Parlor"

Although officials in Adams House said that this room doesn't have a name, they did give us permission to christen it the "Sean Palfrey Parlor," after the Adams House Master. To find this very secret study space, enter Adams' Randolph Hall from Bow Street and walk up the first flight of stairs. Before walking up a second set of stairs (and into Adams G entryway or the Adams' courtyard), look to the right. You'll spot a small room with two unbelievably comfortable chairs and accompanying coffee tables. As few Adams House residents are even aware of this room's existence, you're almost guaranteed a space in what is irrefutably Adams House's coziest study space.

On CampusHouse Life

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.