Clover Now Open Until Midnight

Just a month after the Kong received approval to close at 3 a.m., another Harvard Square restaurant has decided to appeal to the late-night crowd by extending their hours. Clover Food Lab, 7 Holyoke St., will now close at 12 a.m.Clover received the permit from Cambridge License Commission last week and celebrated their first midnight close with whoopie pies last Friday. The decision to extend hours was made in light of popularity, according to a post on the Clover website.

"Some of you were stopping by at 10 p.m. right as we were closing, it wasn't right to turn people away," the Clover team wrote.

Clover, which opened its Harvard Square location last October, offers fast food with a twist by using local products and often organic choices. Popular lunch and dinner options include chickpea fritter, soy BLT, and eggplant. Clover also offers breakfast from 7 to 11 a.m.

Last May, Clover was approved for a liquor license, and now features a local beer on their menu that they change on a monthly basis. Clover will continue to host late-night launch parties with the brewers to educate people on the beer.

"We're not going to be a bar. We want the beer to be a part of the food," said Ayr M. Muir, owner and founder of Clover.

Food and DrinkHarvard Square

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.