A Few of Their Favorite Things

FM checks out professors’ offices to learn about the possessions they most prize.

Alice H Shen

Assistant Professor Ryan D. Enos's favorite pen was given to him by one of his advisors when he received his Ph.D.

Farish A. Jenkins, Jr.

Professor of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology

1. Dinosaur ankle bones

2. A Czechoslovakian rabbit fur hat:

His trademark hat, which he describes as “very soft.”

Multimedia

3. An apple basket:

He brings apples to his students from his farm.

4. A cast of a forepaw of a great white bear from an expedition to Antarctica. The bear walked within 50 feet of his tent.

Dr. Gregory Tucci

Co-Director of Undergraduate Studies and Senior Lecturer in Chemistry and Chemical Biology

1. Albert Einstein Bookends:

A gift from his aunt upon completion of his Ph.D

2. Several dirty wine glasses:

“Every time a Chair of the Department retires, we have a glass of champagne,” Tucci explained. “I keep it and don’t clean [the glass].”

3. Pomegranate Green Tea Superfruit Tea and Tazo Tea containers:

Recommended Articles

FM Arbitrarily Predicts the Election
Tired of analyzing poll after poll? Sick of combing your inbox for the latest IOP spam emails?
Classes Address Collaboration Policies
Cabot Café
Cabot Café Re-Opening Tonight
Spring Break Postcard: Tea in Doha
When choosing a restaurant overseas, the fewer English words on the menu, the better. I don't know what it was that I had for lunch that first day in Doha, Qatar, but it was delicious, a mixture of herbs and stewed chicken over rice with fresh flatbread, accompanied by traditional tea.
Study: Summer Temperatures Rise
According to Harvard researchers, recent summer temperatures in certain northern regions of the world have been the hottest in more ...
Obama Goes Full Nixon
While those inside the White House wants to deify Obama as its “North Star,” the potentiality of corruption in his administration must not be overlooked. President Obama must proceed carefully if he doesn’t want to end up with an eerily Nixonian legacy of disgrace.