HLS' 'The Pub'

•

If Elle Woods were real, she'd be stoked right now. Hoping to bring social nights back to campus, the Harvard Law School opened a new venue, simply called "The Pub," last week.

Students and faculty on the Wasserstein Hall, Caspersen Student Center, and Clinical Wing (WCC) planning team worked together to create this new locale. This is not the first pub at the Law School, however.

HLS previously had a pub in its cafeteria in the late 2000's, but it lacked the appropriate ambience and was closed. The student government began hosting casual beer and snack events, evolving into Student Government Pub Nights, on Friday afternoons at off-campus locations. Now with the new on-campus option, the student government hopes to host these events at The Pub.

Despite its simple name, The Pub has extensive offerings. In addition to wine and beer, its late night menu features pizza, deli foods, flatbreads, a salad bar, a comfort station, and desserts. An espresso machine and pasta station will soon expand the selection.

Want to check it out? The Pub is open Wednesday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. The Pub Café, which is adjacent to the Pub, is open from 2:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, as well as for brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Both can be found in the Law School's WCC building.

Food and DrinkHarvard Law School

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.