A Harvard freshman walks to Holworthy West, without pants, in 30 degree weather.

Bad Trend Alert: Bare Legs In Winter

This winter may have been warm, but that isn’t carte blanche to be dressing out of season.
By Mark R. Jahnke

This winter may have been warm, but that isn’t carte blanche to be dressing out of season. A skirt fluttering in the breeze might have been a good look for Marilyn, but baring everything south of the border in the weather of the Great White North is pushing it beyond the realm of the acceptable.

Have you never questioned why the other Great White North, namely the blinding white of men's thighs, rarely sees the light of day?

Just as the cold does no favors for the men in the room, the common cold you'll likely contract will eliminate your potential suitors before your legs even enter the equation. Bared legs are the realm of people like Heidi Klum, Jennifer Aniston, and the Harvard Hoochies—the tanned, the wealthy, and the desperate.

Now, we're not going to judge you for baring all if your interviewer is a morally questionable possessor of a Y chromosome, and if your diploma contains the letters "B" and "U," but if you're a self-respecting, upstanding heir to the Harvard-Radcliffe legacy, just pull on some tights. They may not be pants—we mean this, tights are affirmatively not pants—but at least you're preserving your dignity. Besides, done right, nobody has to know. It'll be our little secret.

For The Moment