Harvard Today: Oct. 17, 2013

•

UPDATED: October 17, 2013, at 7:05 a.m.

Now that lawmakers in Washington have the federal government figured out, students have another opportunity to weigh in on the governance of Harvard College.

At tonight's Dean of the College search discussion forum in Pfoho's Hastings Room at 7 p.m., Dean Smith and search committee members will host the last of three scheduled conversations with students. It should be interesting—last week's meeting in Lowell featured a lively discussion of final clubs.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

The warm streak continues with a high of 72, though it will be partly cloudy.

IN THE DHALLS

On the Lunch Menu:
Chicken Fingers
Pepperoni Pizza
Chipotle Black Bean Burger

On the Dinner Menu:
Cajun Salmon
Chicken Tikka Massala
Vegetarian Loco Moco

ON CAMPUS

Thursday Lunchtime Organ Recital Series
Organ recital starts promptly at 12:15 p.m. Bring lunch! 12:15, Adolphus Busch Hall.

OCS Events
"
Fashion Industry Insider Career Chats: Focus on the Today Show." Join Katrina Szish, Harvard grad and television personality, for a one-on-one meeting between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. or participate in a "career chat" from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., 54 Dunster St. Register through Crimson Careers.

"Public or Private: Why Not Have it All!? A Talk by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)," 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the Harvard Kennedy School, Bell Hall, 79 JFK St.

Gutman Library Book Talk
"Hope Against Hope: Three Schools, One City, and the Struggle to Educate America's Children" Hear from Sarah Carr, who covered post-Katrina changes in New Orleans education as a reporter and has now written a book on the topic. 6 Appian Way, 4:00 p.m.

"America and Israel: On the Same Page Regarding Regional Challenges?"

Panel discussion at Institute of Politics in the JFK Jr. Forum, 6:00 p.m.

Film Screening
"La Jetée," 7:30 p.m. at the Harvard Film Archive (24 Quincy Street).

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.