PSA: Voting Now Open for UC Presidential and Referendum Elections!

β€’

The voting window has opened for the UC Presidential and Referendum Elections.

Candidates have promised everything from increasing funding for student groups to ensuring that tomato basil ravioli soup be available at every meal and four referendum questions that range from making gender neutral housing available throughout Harvard College to asking the administration to endorse comprehensive immigration reform.

Voting closes at noon on Thursday.

UC Candidates:
Samuel B. Clark ’15 (president) and Gus A. Mayopoulos ’15 (vice-president)
C.C. Gong ’15 (president) and Sietse K. Goffard ’15 (vice-president)
Chika-Dike O. Nwokike ’15 (president) and Una Kim ’15 (vice-president)

Referendum Issues:

1) Do you support or oppose administrative action to provide a gender-neutral housing option throughout Harvard College, thereby allowing students of different genders to opt-in to living in a common residential suite?

2) Do you support or oppose ending the sale and distribution of plastic non-reusable water bottles on campus (including at Harvard cafes and Crimson Catering events) and making drinking water more accessible through the installation of additional water fountains and reusable water bottle filling stations?

3) Do you support or oppose enrolling Harvard in the UPASS program, under which Harvard would purchase an MBTA pass for every student in exchange for receiving a 50% discount on each pass from the MBTA?

4) Do you support or oppose Harvard officially endorsing comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship?

Check back with Flyby over the next few days for our interviews with the candidates.

Undergraduate CouncilFlyby Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.