Taras B. Dreszer ’14 will be growing his beard out for No Shave November.

No Shave November

With the crisp November weather looming in the air, FM sat down this week with two eligible Harvard men prepared to take part in No Shave November. While the Fall tradition might merely appear to be an excuse for laziness, for these men it’s more—it’s about competition, pride, and manliness. Take your last look, ladies, because things are about to get hairy.
By Julia I. Biedry

Taras B. Dreszer ’14

FM: Why No Shave November?

TBD: You have to, you know? It’s senior year, and it’s a college tradition. On the one hand it forces people who normally have beards to shave them [at the beginning of the month], and on the other hand, you aren’t judged for growing out your beard and being manly.

FM: Is there a competitive element?

TBD: There is a little bit of a manliness factor. We compete to see who can grow out his beard the fastest.

Matthew S. Ackerman ’14

FM: Why No Shave November?

MSA: In a year or two I’m going to be in the real world, and I feel like this is the last opportunity to have a little fun [with my appearance].

FM: How do you think the ladies will react to your new look?

MSA: To be determined. Different girls definitely have different reactions. I’ve had one ex that loved it and one ex that hated it. I’ll fill you in at the end of the month.

FM: How do you think it will affect your daily life?

MSA: I have a law school interview at the end of the month, so it’s going be a tough decision [whether to shave]. I think I’ll stick with No Shave November.

Student LifeA Little Levity