Study Spots Outside the Harvard Bubble

•

Let’s be real, Lamont during reading period is a rough place to be. Hordes of stressed, sleep-deprived, and unbathed undergraduates camp out in those wooden desks for days at a time, frantic, dazed, and very short tempered. Flyby has attempted time and time again to prevent our readers from joining the ranks of the Lamonsters. This time around, we've decided to bring you options completely outside the Harvard bubble, and most offer WiFi!

Cambridge Public Library
Location: 449 Broadway, 02138
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., Friday-Saturday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m., Sunday 1 - 5 p.m.
Just a few minutes' walk from the Yard, the Cambridge Public Library is housed in a beautiful building with plenty of seating. It’s also near a number of cafés and restaurants for whenever you need a study break.

Voltage Coffee & Art
Location: 295 3rd St., 02142
Hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., closed on Sunday
Located just two T-stops away in Kendall Square, this cafe offers a wide variety of delicious lattes. Plus, there’s always the chance that you’ll run into a friendly MIT student who won’t mind helping you study for your applied math final!

Tatte Bakery and Cafe
Location: 318 3rd St., 02142
Hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sunday 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Just across the street from Voltage Coffee and Art if you feel like exploring the MIT area a little better!

Trident Booksellers and Cafe
Location: 338 Newbury Street, 02115
Hours: Monday-Sunday 8 a.m. - 12 a.m.
Located on Newbury Street in the heart of Boston, this bookshop offers a great atmosphere and good coffee. A perfect place to camp out all day to write that research paper.

Toscanini's Ice Cream
Location: 899 Main Street, 02139
Hours: Monday-Saturday 8 a.m. - 11 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
If coffee isn’t your thing, check out this charming ice cream parlor that's home to the best ice cream in the world (at least according to the New York Times). Only one T stop away in Central Square, Toscanini’s could turn out to be your unique escape from the crowds.

CollegeLibrariesHarvard SquareFlyby City

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.