Bazerman Named Co-Director of HKS Center for Public Leadership

By Steven R. Watros, Crimson Staff Writer

Harvard Business School professor Max H. Bazerman has been named co-director of the John F. Kennedy School of Government’s Center for Public Leadership, Kennedy School Dean David T. Ellwood '75 announced on Thursday.

Bazerman will work in tandem with fellow co-director David R. Gergen, a Kennedy School professor, to lead the Center for Public Leadership, which is meant to both develop and support public leaders through its program offerings and scholarships.

“I have long admired David Gergen’s leadership in making the Center and its work more visible to the broader community,” Bazerman said in a press release. “And I agree with David that in addition to CPL training the next generation of excellent public leaders, the Center can also be the leader in training the next generation of scholars creating knowledge useful to public leaders.”

Bazerman, who specializes in the Negotiations, Organizations, and Markets unit at the Business School, is also affiliated with the Kennedy School and the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. As co-director, Bazerman will teach at the Kennedy School and also continue his professorship at the Business School.

“Professor Bazerman is a highly esteemed scholar in the fields of decision making, ethics, and negotiation, all of which are essential factors in the study of public leadership,” Ellwood said in the press release.

—Check TheCrimson.com for updates.

—Staff writer Steven R. Watros can be reached at watros@college.harvard.edu. Follow him on Twitter @SteveWatros.

Harvard Kennedy SchoolHarvard Business SchoolFaculty News