Harvard Today: Sept. 30, 2013

•
Harvard Today
Harvard Today

Happy last day of September, folks! The leaves are turning red and classes are getting real, so it must be nearly October.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Continuing the happy trend of the past few weeks, tomorrow will remain sunny with a cool breeze and a very low chance of rain. Temperatures will reach a high of 65 degrees, dropping to 49 degrees as the evening draws in.

IN THE D-HALLS

On the Lunch Menu:
Chicken Fingers
Shrimp and Monterey Jack Quesadilla with Peppers & Tomato
Vegetable and Spaghetti Caponata

On the Dinner Menu:
Teriyaki Chicken with Scallions and Garlic
Chickpea Tikka Masala with Peas and Potatoes
Mushroom and Seitan Stroganoff

ON CAMPUS

Roundtable on Syria: Causes, Dynamics and Prospects
A discussion about the current situation in Syria, moderated by History professor Roger Owen. CGIS South, Belfer Case Study Room 020, 1730 Cambridge Street. 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Negotiating Women’s Roles in Complex International Environments
Fouzia Saeed, a human rights activist and educator in Pakistan, and Beena Sarwar, a Pakistani journalist and filmmaker, speak at this event as part of the Herbert C. Kelman seminar series. Wetherhead Center for International Affairs, Bowie Vernon Room (K-262), 1737 Cambridge Street. 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Race-ing Othello: Writing Back, Talking Black: The Re-visioning of Drama’s Most (In)famous Black Character  in Harlem Duet
Seminar led by Celebrated Canadian playwright Djanet Sears. Barker Center, Thompson Room, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Science and Cooking Lecture
Learn about "Diffusion & Spherification" from José Andrés of ThinkFood Group. Science Center C, 7 p.m.

Film Screening
Italian film "Il Divo" (with subtitles!) at the Harvard Film Archive (24 Quincy Street), 7 p.m.

IN THE SQUARE

Discussion/Signing: “No Joke: Making Jewish Humor”
Ruth Wisse will be signing copies of her book, which investigates the circumstances that create Jewish humor. Harvard Coop, 7 p.m.

On CampusPoliticsSciences DivisionHUDSScienceFlyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.