Harvard Today: Sept. 9, 2013

•
Harvard Today
Harvard Today

At last, the inevitable confusion of shopping period is nearly over and our schedules are starting to take shape—if not fully, then, we hope, at least partially and for some days of the week. If not, it’s time to start thinking about figuring that out. But don’t worry if you’re feeling shopped out and are at a loss as to what new classes to try out today—that, too, is normal. Find our Monday class suggestions below. The good news is, whatever you end up shopping or not shopping, you can end your day with a free Hitchcock screening—and don’t worry, there won’t be a test.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

With a high temperature of 70, today holds a mix of sun and clouds. No chance of rain, though it is beginning to feel like fall.

IN THE D-HALLS

Dining halls resume normal operations today and there are no more “carnivals” on the horizon, so you won’t have to dodge tire swings to get to your dinner.

On the Lunch Menu:
Grilled Chicken Breast with Tomato Basil Salsa
Pork Sausage Sub with Peppers and Onions
Tortilla Veggie Pie

On the Dinner Menu:
Curry Caribbean Chicken
Brazilian Black Bean Stew
Tofu, Broccoli, and Walnut Stir Fry

ON CAMPUS

Classes to Shop Today:
Classical Studies 97a: “Greek Culture and Civilization,” 10 a.m., Barker Center 133 (Plimpton Room)

SCRB 175: “Glucose: From Molecule to Society,” 11 a.m., Fairchild Biochemistry Lab 062

History of Art and Architecture 171p: “From Mother Earth to Planet Mars: Designed Landscapes, 1850-2013,” 12 p.m., GSD—Gund Hall 505

Sociology 150: “Neighborhood Effects and the Social Order of the City,” 4 p.m., William James Hall 105

OCS Event:
On-Campus Interview Program Fair
3 p.m. – 6 p.m., Gutman Conference Center & Knafel Center (formerly Radcliffe Gym)
Be sure to bring copies of your resume and dress in business casual attire.

Film Screening:
“The Man Who Knew Too Much,” 7 p.m. – 9 p.m., Harvard Film Archive (24 Quincy St.)

IN THE SQUARE:

Free Cookies at Insomnia
Even amidst employee protests, Insomnia Cookies is in full cookie-delivering swing. The store is offering three free chocolate chunk cookies with all online orders. This only works when you order for delivery, not in-store pick-up. Split the cost of an order with your linkmates and enjoy the free extras.

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.