Felipe’s Opening Delayed Until After Thanksgiving

Felipe's Taqueria in Brattle Square's opening was delayed due to inspection delays.
By Ivan B. K. Levingston, Crimson Staff Writer

After months of delays, Felipe’s Taqueria may open at its new location at 21 Brattle St. in time to welcome students back from Thanksgiving break.

The popular Mexican late-night eatery was originally slated to open this past April before delays in construction and licensing forced the restaurant to temporarily operate out of neighboring burger joint Flat Patties. However, the wait is coming to an end soon, according to owner Thomas J. Brush.

With City of Cambridge inspections scheduled for early this week, Brush is hopeful that Felipe’s will be open by the first week of December.

“It’s probably going to be [next] Monday, and again anything could happen preventing that,” Brush said. “It’s going to be beautiful, it’s coming along nicely.”

Although Brush said he originally hoped to begin serving out of the new storefront before the Harvard-Yale football game this past week, delayed inspections have continued to postpone the restaurant’s acquisition of an occupancy permit.

The new location, significantly larger than Felipe’s old home on Mt. Auburn St., will feature multiple floors and a rooftop deck.

—Staff writer Ivan B. K. Levingston can be reached at Ivan.Levingston@thecrimson.com. Follow him on Twitter @IvanLevingston.

Student LifeFood and DrinkRestaurantsThe SquareSquare BusinessMetro