Halfway Through the Semester?!

•

Heads up, Harvard students: the fall semester is rapidly coming to a close. You’ve probably noticed some of the warning signs: the chill in the air, the changing leaves, the harried look on your classmate’s faces, the faint odor of your roommate after he or she has spent three straight days in Lamont…

But instead of freaking out about your midterms, take a second think about what the nine-week mark signifies.

For Freshman:

You’ve been in college for nine weeks. Nine weeks. You’re like... a real college student now. It’s about time you start looking ahead to Thanksgiving break, when you can show off all your new college student knowledge to your friends back home. You have to make sure everyone knows you’re a partier now! The mid-semester mark should remind you to enjoy freshman year. When else will you have unlimited access to Annenberg and such close proximity to most of your classes? You’re already a quarter of the way through the year!

For Sophomores:

In case you hadn’t heard, November 12th is the deadline for you to pick your concentration. No pressure or anything, but that means you only have two and a half weeks to figure out your passion/life path. Not only that, but being halfway through this semester means you’re almost halfway through the year, which means you’re almost halfway done with college...so many life decisions! So little time!

For Juniors:

Middle of the fall semester means only one thing: it’s almost almost time to start applying to summer internships! If you really want a leg up on the competition, you’d better start padding your resume now. Just think of how great you’ll feel telling your friends/relatives/random strangers about all the finance and consulting internships you have lined up. Remember, the overeager, uber-competitive bird always gets the worm—especially when the “worm” is unpaid.

For Seniors:

You will officially be done as a Harvard student in about 6 months. That statement probably fills you with overwhelming joy or overwhelming sadness, or some weird mix of the two. Either way, embrace it and enjoy your last few months as a college student. Continue sleeping through your gen ed sections (“mandatory” section is for freshman and pre-meds, obviously) and celebrating Thirsty Any-Night-of-the-Week. You do you, Class of 2015.

Student LifeAcademicsFlyby CampusFlyby Front Feature

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.