Harvard Today: April 1, 2014

By Tiana A Abdulmassih

Happy Tuesday, Harvard! And happy April Fool’s Day!

Or not so happy, depending on who’s the better prankster—you or your roommates. To be honest, it feels like we’re all getting pranked with terrible weather, midterms on midterms, that How I Met Your Mother series finale last night, long-lasting cases of PSBD (post Spring Break depression...it’s a thing), and did I mention the terrible weather? But hey, you know what they say: April showers bring May flowers. And that’s something we can all look forward to. Hopefully.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE
If you can believe it, it’s actually forecasted to be sunny today! Literally, there’s a 0% chance of rain. Couple that with a high of 51 degrees, and you’ve got yourself a pretty great day. April Fools? We certainly hope not...

IN THE D-HALLS
Lunch
Chorizo and Cornbread Crusted Cod (so many food items in one dish)
Pepperoni Pizza
Greek Pizza on Multigrain Crust

Dinner
Chicken Stroganoff
Salisbury Steak
Fusilli Primavera with Kidney Beans

ON FLYBY
1) Like a Wrecking Ball: Miley Cyrus at Harvard: #MileyatHarvard. #MileyatHarvard. #MileyatHarvard. Tomorrow. Let’s make it happen.
2) I am the 8.3%: On Becoming an Adamsian: ...whatever.

IN THE NEWS
1) With $1.3 Billion Pledged, FAS Campaign Over Halfway to Goal
2) Pfister Confirms Plans for Faculty Vote on Gender Neutral Housing Policy. The vote will likely take place in May.
3) Khan Academy Founder To Speak at Harvard Business School Class Day

EVENTS
Stop by Yenching Auditorium (2 Divinity Ave) at 4 p.m. today to see Kyōgen, a variety of Japanese theater! Kyōgen is the name for a dramatic style and repertoire of short comic plays that form one of the oldest theatrical traditions in Japan. Today’s performance will feature Kyoto-based actors Katsumi Yanagimoto and Shin'ichi Yutani.

Two great IOP related events tomorrow. The first, at 6 p.m. at the JFK Jr. Forum, is a panel on Race, Film, and Culture with members of the Department of African-American Studies and Wesley Morris, staff writer for Grantland. The second is a discussion on the Psychology of Inequality in Adams Upper Common Room at 8 p.m.

PHOTO OF THE DAY
Herbie Hancock, left, performs with other jazz musicians in Sanders Theatre on March 31 during his final Norton Lecture, "Set 6: Once Upon A Time". Hancock warned the audience, "This is gonna be like a rehearsal. We're not prepared".

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.