Winthrop Resident Dean Takes Medical Leave

News in Brief

Gregg A. Peeples, pictured here in 2010, will take medical leave for the remainder of the spring 2014 semester.
By Nikki D. Erlick and Brianna D. MacGregor, Crimson Staff Writers

Gregg A. Peeples, pictured here in 2010, will take medical leave for the remainder of the spring 2014 semester. By Amanda J. Guzman

Winthrop House Resident Dean Gregg A. Peeples will take medical leave for the remainder of the spring semester, Winthrop House Masters Ronald S. Sullivan Jr. and Stephanie Robinson announced in an email this week. Adams House tutor Meghan Lockwood, who has previously served as acting resident dean in Adams and Quincy, will serve as Winthrop’s acting resident dean until Peeples’s return.

According to the House Masters’ email, which was sent over the Winthrop House list, Peeples will take a leave of absence “in order to fully heal” a significant knee injury.

In a follow-up email to the Winthrop community, Peeples wrote that he will continue teaching and will be “often around the House,” adding that residents will be “in very good hands” under Lockwood’s supervision.

Lockwood is a former middle school teacher and current doctoral student at the Harvard Graduate School of Education residing in Claverly Hall, according to her biography on the Adams House website. The House Masters wrote in their email that Lockwood “looks forward to getting to know the Winthrop community.”

Neither Peeples nor Lockwood could be reached for comment.

—Staff writer Nikki D. Erlick can be reached at nikki.erlick@thecrimson.com. Follow her on Twitter @nikkierlick.

—Staff writer Brianna D. MacGregor can be reached at brianna.macgregor@thecrimson.com. Follow her on Twitter @bdmacgregor.

House LifeWinthropCollege News