We hope you had an excellent weekend, and a fabulous time at Yardfest. Semi-Serious, Hot Breakfast, and most of all, the incredible Janelle Monáe absolutely rocked it (in our objective opinion), and hopefully that put all of you in a great mood for the upcoming week.
Today’s high is 77 degrees! There’s a 10% chance of rain, and it’ll probably be windy, but any of that matter? It’ll be 77 degrees!
IN THE D-HALLS
Maple and Chipotle Chicken
Pork Sausage Sub with Peppers and Onions
African Jollof Rice with Seitan
Roast Turkey Breast
Five Cheese Tortellini with Spinach and Mushroom
1) #Beef for Hot Breakfast: Read all about one of the Yardfest openers, a student band who could maybe just be called Hot.
2) Yardfest Opener Semi-Serious Wants You To Know That They Do Not Run A Drug Cartel: Title says it all.
3) What Your Concentration Says About You: Freshman, read up. With all the advising events happening this time of year, know that you’re not only picking a concentration, but a reputation.
IN THE NEWS
1) Students Praise Monáe’s Yardfest Performance. Tyga who?
2) Students Rally Against Harvard’s Management of Timber Plantations in Argentina. The Responsible Investment at Harvard Coalition held a rally Friday afternoon to protest the University’s management of timber plantations due to allegations of mismanagement in the fall and the announcement of the recertification of the plantations last week.
3) Study by Harvard-Affiliated Heart Researcher Retracted from Scientific Journal. Recent research by Piero Anversa, a Harvard-affiliated professor and leading figure in cardiovascular science, has come under fire after an article he co-authored was retracted from a major medical journal.
Stop by the JFK Jr. Forum at the Institute of Politics at 6 p.m. tonight for A Conversation with Mike Huckabee, former governor of Arkansas and Republican presidential candidate.
The 20th Annual Celebration of Black Women Gala, hosted annually by the Harvard Black Men’s Forum, is tonight at 7 p.m. in the Gutman Conference Center. They will be honoring Janelle Monáe, as well as prominent female student leaders on campus.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Janelle Monáe is absolute perfection during her Yardfest performance, which was organized by the College Events Board.