Harvard Today: April 21, 2014

•

By Shunella Grace Lumas

Happy Monday!Happy belated Easter to all those who celebrated. Hope you all had a chance to find some Pfister eggs! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and are ready for the week ahead. This weekend is Visitas, so keep an eye out for all of Harvard’s efforts to spruce up campus to impress the prefrosh. Maybe you can score some free swag along the way! It probably won't involve a picture of Pfister's face, but let's face (pface?) it, the Admissions Office is no Flyby.

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

Tomorrow’s high is a beautiful sunny 67 degrees! Spring clothes: back out. For now.

IN THE D-HALLS

Lunch:
Chicken Mitsakis
Philly Cheese Steak Sub
Multigrain Primavera with Kidney Beans

Dinner:

Honey Stung Fried Chicken
Greek Pizza on Multigrain Crust
Vegetable Lo Mein with Tofu

ON FLYBY

1) Pack it for Visitas? Or Leave it in High School?: Prefrosh, listen up.

2) Sorry NYTimes, But SLS 20 Is Actually Very Hard: Preach. Don’t knock it ‘till you’ve tried it, New York Times.

3) How To: Make a Good Impression in Your Last Section: Crucial information for everyone.

IN THE NEWS

1) Corporation Approves New Policy for Searches of Electronic Communications: Under the new policy, electronic searches must be authorized by the relevant dean or the dean’s designee. The policy also states that all searches must be recorded and that a committee chaired by Law School professor John C. P. Goldberg will conduct periodic reviews of recorded searches. While the University must notify the target of a search in most situations, it is not required to do so if notification might compromise the effectiveness of the search.

2) ‘Shark Tank’ Casting Team Searches for Harvard Entrepreneurs: “In search of budding entrepreneurs, the casting team for ABC’s Emmy-nominated reality television show “Shark Tank” visited Harvard’s Innovation Lab on Friday.” “Students from across the University came to the lab to pitch their products, which ranged from sanitizing products to cellphone apps.”

EVENTS

The Harvard Political Union is holding a discussion on manliness, featuring Professor Harvey C. Mansfield of the Government department. The discussion will take place in Lowell Small Dining room at 6 p.m. Stop by for what is sure to be an interesting and provocative talk!

The Harvard Music Department is hosting an Elson Lecture with Jacques Atalli, a French economist, former advisor to President Francois Mitterand, and first president of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. The lecture will take place in the Paine Concert Hall at 5:15 p.m.

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Nina Sokolovic '14, member of the Expressions Dance Company, performs in the annual Expressions: EXemption show in Lowell Lecture Hall on Saturday evening. The show was sold out and featured over fifty undergraduates in a number of different student-choreographed hip hop dance pieces.

Flyby CampusHarvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.