Employee Robbed in Longwood Medical Area

By Brooke A. Bourgeois and Brett J. Dowling, Crimson Staff Writers

Boston Police are investigating after an unidentified male Longwood Medical Area employee was attacked from behind and robbed of his wallet as he was unlocking his bike from a rack on Friday night.

The incident occurred at 8:40 PM, between Vanderbilt Hall and the New Research Building, and the two offenders were unarmed, according to an community advisory statement issued by Harvard University Police Department spokesperson Steven G. Catalano.

Catalano indicated that the incident occurred outside of University property, but added that BPD will handled the investigation.

“The victim stated [that] while walking up the loading dock toward the street he was approached from behind and was thrown against a fence. One offender took the victim’s wallet, while another offender stood guard,” the advisory read.

The two offenders fled the scene and were seen heading towards The Fenway, the parkway that runs along the southern and eastern edges of the Back Bay Fens. It is currently unknown if there were any additional witnesses or if the incident was captured by a security camera.

Reflecting on the incident, the advisory urged students to “trust [their] instincts” and to take extra measures to be aware of their surroundings.

—Staff writer Brooke A. Bourgeois can be reached at brooke.bourgeois@thecrimson.com. Follow her on Twitter @bro_bourgeois.

—Staff writer Brett Dowling can be reached at brett.dowling@thecrimson.com.

CrimeHarvard Medical SchoolHUPDBostonLongwood