Harvard Today: March 31, 2015

Happy Tuesday, Harvard! Freshmen, we hope your first day of Advising Fortnight went well, and that you’ve found a ton of events with your favorite free food. So much so that you are  willing to pretend to learn about different concentrations over the next few weeks. Everyone else, hopefully your concentration will be holding events where you can “represent” the field (i.e. eat the leftover free food).

A new 24-hour CVS store is now open at 6 JFK St. and is located a little more than 300 feet away from another CVS storefront at 1426. Mass Ave.
A new 24-hour CVS store is now open at 6 JFK St. and is located a little more than 300 feet away from another CVS storefront at 1426. Mass Ave. By Jennifer Y Yao

IN THE D-HALL

LUNCH:

Pepperoni Pizza

Turkey Rachel Sandwich

Greek Pizza on Multigrain Crust

DINNER:

Chicken Stroganoff

Chorizo and Cornbread Crusted Cod

Harvest Seitan Stew

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It’s going to be almost 50º and sunny today! Summer is here!!

ON FLYBY

1. Five Questions You've Got About Divest Harvard, Answered — Because everyone is dying to know.

IN THE NEWS

1. Faust Disapproves of Divest Harvard’s February Occupation — ‘University President Drew G. Faust said she strongly disapproved of activist group Divest Harvard’s occupation of Massachusetts Hall last month, arguing that the group does not “have the right to stop University business.”’

2. With NCAAs, Harvard Scores Baskets and Potentially Donations — “With a fifth-straight Ivy League title and yet another appearance at the NCAA March Madness tournament, Harvard's men’s basketball team just finished another season when they made more than three pointers—they are hitting the (literal) money shot.”

EVENTS

Labor Justice on Factory Farms — A group of lawyers and a worker from a dairy factory farm will discuss the trials of workers at factory farms face. 12 p.m. in Wasserstein Hall, Room 2004 in the law school.

Asymmetric War — A symposium sponsored by the Mahindra Humanities Center at Harvard's Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Seminar on Violence and Non-Violence. 2 p.m. in Yenching Auditorium at 2 Divinity Ave.

Advising Fortnight — The kickoff for Advising Fortnight is from 5 to 7 p.m. in Annenberg! Speak to advisers from each of the concentrations and secondaries and get a guidebook for Fortnight.

The Future of Life with AI — Professor Max Tegmark will be discussing nuclear weapons and other powerful technologies at 5pm in Emerson 210.

The 11% — Representatives from water.org will be talking about potential solutions to the global water crisis. 5:30 p.m. in CGIS S020 (the Belfer Case Study Room).

Humanist Heroine Award — Piper Kerman, the author of Orange is the New Black, will be receiving the Humanist Heroine of the Year Award from the Humanist Community at Harvard. Science Center B at 8pm. Tickets are for sale online.

Harvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.