7 Ideas to Help You Stay Motivated

•

Congratulations, you did it!  You spent countless nights in Lamont studying, completed all of your p-sets, finished up your midterms, and managed to remain in good standing in your eight extracurricular clubs.  And with reading period starting this Thursday, there are only a few weeks left of studying for exams and writing papers before the end of the spring semester. For those of us still on the midterm grind (I see you PS1 and Orgo) with no end in sight, don’t worry; Flyby has your guide on how to stay motivated through the home stretch.

1.  Primal Scream

That’s right, get excited because it’s that time of year again. There’s nothing quite like participating in the semi-annual festivities that include a band, a possible repeat appearance from Dean Khurana, tourists, and all of your intoxicated classmates. So get your head off that desk and keep pushing ahead on that Expos draft.

2.  Coffee

Use your assignments as an excuse to buy massive amounts of Venti Chai Tea Lattes or just plain large coffees from Lamont Cafe because work is always more enjoyable after an excessive amount of caffeine.

3. Board Plus

With the end of the school year fast approaching and many long nights ahead, now is the perfect time to splurge on all of your Greenhouse Cafe favorites and empty out that Board Plus account. Don’t feel ashamed when you’re holding up the line at Greenhouse by loading twenty Odwalla bars in your bag. Be proud! Consider it a victory because of your frugal spending throughout the year.

4. Kendrick Lamar

If you’re feeling blue from work and are looking for an incredibly stimulating mental experience, check out Kendrick’s new album “To Pimp a Butterfly.” With that kind of title and Kendrick’s impressive list of songs including King Kunta, your expectations for this album should be sky high. And Mr. Lamar does not disappoint—one rap critic even wrote that “it promotes self-betterment.”

5.  Warm Weather

Unless you are researching the melting ice shelf in Antarctica, chances are pretty good that you won’t see—dare I say it—snow or temperatures remotely close to 32 degrees Fahrenheit this summer. So as you add the finishing touches to that final problem set, keep those warm thoughts in mind.

6.  No More Tourists!

This is a big one. If you’re tired of being photographed whenever you step inside the Yard, or if you’re just annoyed about being someone else’s personal photographer, fear no more. At least until summer tour season starts.

7.  No more smelly roommates.

Admit it. You don’t really know why you ended up rooming with them. Your two close friends grabbed a double and you ended up stuck with the weird kid in the group. He never showered and went to great lengths to avoid doing laundry, including using your bed as his personal clothing rack. The good news is your ordeal is almost over and next year you get a single!

Keep these thing in mind as motivation during the last few weeks of the spring term!

Student LifeFlyby BlogSummer

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.