Four Graduate Schools Join my.harvard Student Portal

By Ashley J Kim, Crimson Staff Writer

Four graduate schools joined the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the Harvard Divinity School on my.harvard, the University’s online student information system, this fall.

Students can now browse courses at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, the Graduate School of Education, the School of Public Health, and the Kennedy School of Government. They can view their grades, registration information, and financial services in a centralized, online location.

The addition of these graduate schools constitutes the second of two waves to implement the new my.harvard web portal, the first of which consisted of the portal’s official launch last fall, FAS Registrar Michael P. Burke wrote in an email to The Crimson.

In spite of these changes, however, some College students have faced challenges in navigating the updated system. Lethu A. Ntshinga ’18 said that although the expanded course catalog allowed her to view more course opportunities, she was unsure which ones were available to her as an undergraduate.

“I found a lot of courses that I wanted to take, mostly at the School of Public Health, but when I was searching for them, the system showed all courses that were being taught instead of just ones available to undergraduates,” Ntshinga said.

“So all the courses that I wanted to take had prerequisites that disqualified undergraduates,” she added.

According to Burke, Student Financial Services upgraded its billing and payment functions on the my.harvard portal this year as well.

Students can now pay their tuition and file information for direct deposits on the platform itself.

Fiona Young ’18, who used the portal to register financial information with her parents this summer, found the process much more streamlined.

“I think it definitely centralizes things,” Young said. “Before my.harvard was renovated, a lot of administrative tasks for students were separated, but now having access to all of these things in one uniform portal makes it more convenient for students.”

CollegeStudent LifeFASCollege LifeFAS AdministrationFAS ITAcademicsHUITCollege News