Twenty One Pilots, Travis Scott, and Tame Impala to Headline 10th Boston Calling

Migos performs at Boston Calling on May 26th, 2017.
Migos performs at Boston Calling on May 26th, 2017. By Lauren A. Sierra
By Iris M. Lewis, Crimson Staff Writer

Twenty One Pilots, Travis Scott, and Tame Impala will headline this year’s Boston Calling music festival Memorial Day weekend in “a lineup of epic proportions,” festival organizers announced in a press release Thursday.

Alongside the three headliners, this year’s festival — which will be held at the Harvard Athletic Complex from May 24 to May 26 — will feature more than 50 additional performances including rapper Logic, indie musician Hozier, electronic group Odesza, and pop artist Janelle Monae.

Seven 2019 Grammy nominees are set to perform, including headliner Travis Scott, who was nominated for the song “Sicko Mode” and the album “Astroworld.” Brandi Carlile, the most nominated female musician of the 2019 Grammys, will also perform.

This year’s Boston Calling will also feature several comedians — including Fred Armisen and Melissa Villaseñor — and a show by the Boston Ballet Company. English singer-songwriter Imogen Heap will present a spoken-word performance with her Mi.Mu gloves, a technology that translates hand movements and gestures into sound.

Boston Calling began as a biannual festival in 2013. In 2017, the event both moved to the Harvard Athletic Complex and became an annual event. The past two years have seen enormous growth for the festival: In 2018, roughly 40,000 people attended the festival to see headliners The Killers, Jack White, and Eminem.

Boston Calling Events co-founder Brian Appel said in the press release that he and his colleagues aim to “bring the festival to greater heights” each year.

“We love the artists that have been assembled for 2019, and look forward to welcoming back many of our favorites from past editions,” Appel said.

MusicAllstonBostonMetro