Crimson Dedicates Game to Breast Cancer Fight

By B. Marjorie Gullick, Crimson Staff Writer

Cornell won’t be the only opponent the Harvard women’s field hockey team faces on Saturday. It will also take on the fight against breast cancer, dedicating the game and its funding to cancer research and support.The Stick It to Cancer game will feature trivia, contests, and awareness bracelets. Ribbons and cancer fact sheets will be available at the marketing table sponsored by Harvard Athletics.

The Crimson (3-9, 1-2 Ivy) is coming off of a close 3-2 loss to Cal this past Sunday, with junior Georgia McGillivray and sophomore Emma Keller registering goals for Harvard. Standout goalkeeper Cynthia Tassopoulos recorded nine saves on the game, and is currently ranked 20th nationally with 6.58 saves per game and tied for second with a .789 save percentage.

Cornell (8-3, 2-1 Ivy) has won three consecutive non-conference matches and is looking to bounce back in the Ivy League after a 3-2 loss to Yale earlier this month. Game time will be 2:00 pm on Saturday, and although there is a Ivy League match to be won, there is a much bigger opponent that needs to be defeated. Come out and support the Harvard team and the fight against cancer.

Field HockeySports Blog