Magic of Numbers: Battle of Colors

By Kevin T. Chen, Crimson Staff Writer

Each Thursday, The Crimson will compile a series of unique statistics about Harvard's sports scene. Welcome to the Magic of Numbers—without the problem sets. We'll do the math for you.

114 —Number of times Harvard and Dartmouth will have played each other after this Saturday’s football game in Hanover, N.H.

35 — Points the Crimson has averaged over its last five games.

204 — Number of yards gained on 20 carries by senior tailback Gino Gordon in last week’s win over Princeton.

122 — Yards on the ground for the Big Green’s Nick Schweiger in Dartmouth’s close win over Columbia last week.

ICE-CAPADES

2 — Number of times in the last three seasons that the Harvard women’s hockey team has won an ECAC regular season championship.

8 — Number of consecutive season-opening wins for the Crimson. Harvard opens the season this Friday facing ECAC rival Yale.

3 — Predicted finish for the Crimson in ECAC preseason poll.

PRESEASON HYPE

2 — Predicted finish for the Harvard men’s basketball team in the Ivy League Preseason Media Poll. Princeton picked up 12 of the 17 first place votes, and was selected to win the Ancient Eight.

16 — Days until the Crimson’s season opener against George Mason.

Sports BlogMagic of Numbers