Crimson To Take On Bryant

By B. Marjorie Gullick, Crimson Staff Writer

Looking to continue a two-game winning streak, the Harvard men's basketball team will travel to Bryant on Wednesday for a non-conference match-up. Led by sophomore reigning Ivy League Co-Player of the Week Christian Webster, who had a career-high 29 points in the Crimson’s game against Mercer on Saturday, Harvard is 2-1 on the season after dropping its opener to George Mason.

The Crimson and the Bulldogs have met once before in which Harvard posted a dominant 77-51 victory early on last season. The missing link for the Crimson in this year's rematch is Jeremy Lin ’10, who posted 12 points for the Harvard. Bryant was led by current senior Cecil Gresham, who had 11 points and a game-high eight rebounds. The Bulldogs mustered only a 33.9 shooting percentage and were out-rebounded by Harvard, 42-33.

Bryant is 1-3, recording its first win of the season over Iona while falling to Cleveland St. in its opening game and Army last weekend. The Bulldogs have a 1-8 record against the Ancient Eight in its time as a Division I team.

Men's BasketballSports Blog