Women's Hockey Tops Colgate on the Road

Freshman Kalley Armstrong scored her first career goal—the game-winner—in today's 3-1 win over Colgate.
By B. Marjorie Gullick, Crimson Staff Writer

After suffering the first loss of its season last night to No. 2 Cornell, the No. 10 Harvard women’s hockey team bounced back for a 3-1 win over Colgate (3-7-0, 1-3-0 ECAC)–its first win on the road. The No. 10 Crimson (2-1-1, 2-1-1) was led by tri-captain Kate Buesser, who tallied her first of the year to tie the game at one after the Raider’s Jenna Klynstra notched the opening goal of the game.

Harvard continued its scoring run in the third period, with the help of freshman Kalley Armstrong and tri-captain Leanna Coskren, who each found the back of the net for the Crimson.

Crimson sophomore goaltender Laura Bellamy did her part for the victory, making 20 saves to keep Colgate to just a lone goal. The win was Bellamy’s second on the season. The Raiders’ Kimberly Sass recorded 31 saves in the loss.

Harvard will hit the road again next weekend to face Quinnipiac and Princeton on Friday and Saturday, respectively.

Women's Ice HockeySports Blog