Showdown Between Award Finalists

Senior midfielder Jason Duboe was named a finalist for the Lowe's Senior Class Award.
By Christina C. Mcclintock, Crimson Staff Writer

At stake this Friday night in the Harvard-Duke lacrosse game will bragging rights, national standings and...the Lowe’s Senior Class Award?

About a month ago, I wrote that senior midfielder Jason Duboe had been nominated for the award. Duboe just got one step closer to winning it yesterday when he was named one of ten finalists. The senior was a preseason All-American honorable mention and has also been named to two Tewaaraton Watch lists and the preseason All-Ivy team. Duboe was also a first team All-New England selection the past two seasons.

Also on the list is arguably the Crimson’s biggest threat this coming weekend, Blue Devils attacker Max Quinzani, a third team USILA All-American last year. Quinzani leads Duke with 43 points this season, two ahead of classmate Ned Crotty as of Tuesday afternoon. At Duxbury High School, Quinzani scored 577 goals, breaking the previous national record of 533, held by former Syracuse player Casey Powell.

Men's LacrosseSports Blog