Hoops Prospect High on Harvard

By Dennis J. Zheng, Crimson Staff Writer

Harvard is now the leader for point guard Spencer Dinwiddie’s services, The Back Page has confirmed.

“The visit went great. I loved it,” said Dinwiddie following his official visit to campus last weekend. “Harvard’s a really great place. I loved the atmosphere and being around the guys. It really is a place I could go.”

Dinwiddie, a six-foot-four, 175-lb senior at Taft High School (Woodland Hills, Calif.), is scheduled for a visit to Oregon next week and a trip to Colorado next month. Currently setting up a visit to UNLV, he also mentioned Georgetown and UCLA as showing interest.

“I have to take another visit or two,” he added. “That was my first visit ever to a college. Of course, it was a great experience and put it at the top of my list, but I have to take other visits to see what they have to offer as well.”

There’s no doubting that Dinwiddie, given four stars and a 93 by ESPN.com, enjoyed his time in Cambridge.

“My whole question was, ‘Do I feel like I fit there and feel like I could live there for four years?’” Dinwiddie said. “And I felt like I could do both.”

Dinwiddie mentioned that he was not at all surprised by the commitment of fellow top recruit Kenyatta Smith during the weekend.

“It fit all of us,” Dinwiddie said. “It’s the best life choice you could ever make.”

Men's BasketballSports Blog