The Full-Court Press: Christine Clark '14

Freshman guard Christine Clark, shown here in earlier action, pulled down a career-high eight boards in a 76-64 victory against NJIT yesterday.
By Alex Sopko, Crimson Staff Writer

With only 3.5 seconds on the clock, Harvard freshman Christine Clark had the ball. She could pass to teammate Brogan Berry, or she could shoot. So she did this. With that shot, Clark helped the women’s basketball team maintain an undefeated Ivy League record. So, who is this rookie from Arizona? This week The Full-Court Press questions the Apley Court resident on her likes, dislikes, and the dancing that goes on behind the scenes.

Every week, the Full-Court Press will give you the sort of personal scoop that you’re not likely to hear at a typical press conference.

Name: Christine Clark

Year: 2014

Stats: The Tucson rookie entered Harvard ranked No. 57 nationally by ESPN, and she hasn’t disappointed. Clark notched her first double-double against Dartmouth with 18 points and 10 rebounds two weeks before the last second shot against Columbia. Recently, Clark led the Crimson in rebounds against Cornell with eight.

1.Typical pre-game meal.

Chicken and pasta.

2. List four songs you listen to before games to get pumped up.

I’m on a Boat, Coldplay, and anything else calming.

3. Favorite team to play against and why?

I think Princeton. We just haven't played them yet.

4. Most ridiculous thing that has taken place in your team's locker room.

Chicken dancing.  That’s all the detail I can provide.

5. Most embarrassing moment you've had on the court.

When I was little and I accidentally made a basket for the other team.

6. Animal that best represents your style of play and why.

Well, my high school mascot was the Badgers, and now I’m a “Crimson,” so I would have to go with a Crimson Badger.

7. Most ridiculous thing you have heard a fan yell at a game you were playing in.

"Hey Christine, You’re a Division 1 athlete!" . . . Yep thanks I know.

8. If you could play for another sports team at Harvard, which would it be and why?

Track because I ran and jumped in high school.

9. Position you would play in Quidditch.

Seeker.

10. If you could go on a date with any professional athlete, who would it be and where would you take him/her?

Tough one, have no idea.

Women's BasketballSports BlogThe Full Court Press