Jeremy Lin Update: Knicks Fall to Milwaukee

By Daniel A. Grafstein, Crimson Staff Writer

On Friday the Knicks had an opportunity to improve their playoff prospects against ninth place Milwaukee. But while the team found its offensive rhythm against the Bucks, it had no answer for its opponent defensively, eventually falling, 119-114.

Down the stretch, the Knicks went on a 7-0 run to rob momentum from the Bucks. But Brandon Jennings iced it from the line to bring his total to 25 on the night. Mike Dunleavy, and Ersan Ilyasova also came up big with a combined for 51 points.

For the second straight game, Jeremy Lin ’10 finished with an impressive 20 points. In 40 minutes of play, he went 8-for-14 from the field. While he was on the floor, the Knicks had a 13-point advantage on the scoreboard.

Thanks to Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni’s run-and-gun offensive style, back-up Baron Davis also saw significant playing time.

Lin displayed his playmaking ability, finding both Landry Fields and Amare Stoudemire for easy first quarter finishes.

Stoudemire led the way for New York with 27, and Anthony, despite missing a key late-game free throw, finished with 22.

Lin, who only sat for five minutes in the first half, scored nine and recorded eight assists.

Turnovers continued to hamper Lin. He had five on the night, including one that led to a Jennings flush. On the other end of the floor he finished with four steals.

With the loss, New York comes up empty-handed on its four game road swing. The squad also lost to Boston, Dallas, and San Antonio.

Men's Basketball