Jeremy Lin Update: Knicks Earn Fifth Straight Win

By Alexa N. Gellman, Crimson Staff Writer

The New York Knicks defeated the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night at the Wells Fargo Center, stretching their winning streak to five games.

The Knicks have remained undefeated since head coach Mike D’Antoni’s decision to step down last week. After losing their last matchup against the Sixers, 106-94, in New York, the Knicks bounced back to defeat the top team in the Atlantic division.

Jeremy Lin ’10 had a solid game for the Knicks, especially heating up in the final minutes of the contest.  He recorded 18 points and three assists in nearly 36 minutes on the court, scoring 16 of his 18 points in the fourth quarter.

Amar’e Stoudemire led the Knicks in scoring with 21 points and nine rebounds.  Carmelo Anthony was good for ten points and five boards.  In addition, veteran Baron Davis returned to the Knicks’ lineup after suffering from a strained hamstring that required him to miss two games.

The Knicks look to keep the magic, and their winning streak, alive as they take on the Raptors on Friday night in Toronto.

Men's Basketball