Linjury Update

Published by Daniel A. Grafstein on May 05, 2012 at 3:12AM

For the second straight season, the injury-riddled New York Knicks find themselves in a 3-0 hole going into what might possibly be their final game of the season.

Starting point guard and energizer Jeremy Lin ’10, who has been out since March 24 with a slight meniscus tear in his knee continues to make progress in his recovery.

But it appears as though the eager Madison Square Garden crowd will have to wait at least a little while longer for his return. While the Harvard alum initially eyed Sunday’s Game 4 to make his anticipated return, his knee injury proved too much to overcome.

"I haven't been able to load it or jump or explode or drive by somebody the way I want to, so it's going to be longer than that," Lin said.

New York is also currently missing starting power forward Amare Stoudemire who is out indefinitely due to lacerations in his left hand.

Reports about his return have been mixed. Interim coach Mike Woodson told ESPN reporter Stephen A. Smith, "I think he's going to play [game four].”

Stoudemire is less certain. "It's still doubtful,” he told Smith. “We'll see how I feel tomorrow, and even after tomorrow.”

If the Knicks, which have lost 13 straight playoff games, can somehow reverse their fortunes and find a way to pull out a win in game four without two of their prime performers, there is a chance Lin will return against the Heat.

"I don't really want to say I am or am not, I just want to take it day by day," he said. "Game 4 doesn't look great. I mean, Game 5, I have no idea," he said