Quotes of the Week – Oct. 21st

By Orlea L. Miller, Contributing Writer

Here's this week's Quotes of the Week, the five best quotes from some of the five best sports moments of the weekend.
“To have three guys under 25 minutes on the course that we’re going to be seeing in two weeks was really, really great. It bodes well for our depth, so we just have to get ready for the final push.” – Cross country coach Jason Saretsky
Cross country captains Maksim Korolev and James Leakos finished in the top ten in this weekend’s Wisconsin Adidas Invitational, completing the 8k course in 23:14 and 23:33 minutes respectively. As the only school to place two runners in this category, the Crimson look to prepare for the Ivy Heptagonal Championships, which will take place at Princeton next weekend. 
“The morale of the team is very high right now. Obviously it’s one game at a time and we don’t look too far ahead, but we had some fun today because we put in a lot of work this week.” –Joshua Boyd ‘13
After two hard fought road victories, the Crimson had a somewhat easier time at Harvard Stadium Saturday defeating Lafayette 35-16. Behind the leadership of senior quarterback Michael Pruneau, who threw for 263 yards, and sophomore running back Paul Stanton, who ended the game with 113 rushing yards and two touchdowns, Harvard improved its record to 5-0. The Crimson look forward to playing against Princeton (4-1) this weekend. 
“We ended the first half knowing that we’d had a lot of really good chances and knowing that if we just kept playing our game and doing what we had been doing for another 45 [minutes], we’d get the results we wanted.” –Peyton Johnson ‘14
Although the Crimson got off to a shaky start in Saturday’s game, down 1-0 against the Brown Bears, the women's soccer team calmly pushed through to emerge on top. Harvard beat Brown 3-1, with goals coming from sophomore Haley Washburn, junior Marie Margolius and senior Elizabeth Weisman.
“The guys are obviously fighting, and their play is improving with their fight. It’s the same thing on the practice field; it’s been our possession on training is a lot better. We’re getting a lot calmer on our attacking half. We’re executing our set pieces, so it’s good.” –Men’s soccer coach Pieter Lehrer
Men’s soccer beat Brown 2-1 on Saturday, winning their second consecutive game in Ivy League play. With all three goals coming in the first half, the Crimson had to maintain the intensity of play and keep their defense strong while under attack in order to secure victory.
“The great thing about the Head of the Charles is [it’s] a big family reunion for all the rowers. I got to see some of my friends who row at other schools. My friend described it as a ‘Rower Christmas.’ This is my fifth year rowing here, and still having all those people cheering for you is really exciting.” –Lauren Tracey ‘16
The Radcliffe heavyweight crew finished strong in the Head of the Charles Regatta this weekend, placing seventh, followed by the second varsity boat which placed 33rd, and the Black and White which entered the championship fours, placing 16th overall.

Women's CrewFootballMen's SoccerWomen's SoccerTrack and Cross Country