Crimson Trending

By Brenna R. Nelsen, Crimson Staff Writer

With winter sports nearing the end of the season and spring sports getting their season underway, The Back Page takes a look at how some of your teams have been faring in recent weeks. Who has gotten off to a hot start? And who is heading in the right direction just in time to take home an Ivy title?

Men’s Swimming and Diving

The Crimson is coming off arguably one of the biggest dual meet wins in program history. Harvard topped Princeton in its home waters, the first Ivy League team ever to do so. Nemo pushed the team’s last meet, a face-off against Penn at Blodgett, to this coming weekend. The Crimson will look to remain undefeated on the season as it prepares for the ECAC and Ivy League Championships next month.

Women’s Water Polo

Harvard is off to a 5-2 start this season. The Crimson won all of its opening matches in the Harvard Home Kick Off earlier this month. Despite losing its first two games at the Princeton Invitational, the Crimson bounced back two take its next two contests by a large margin, topping NYAC, 20-9, and Villanova, 19-4. This weekend will be one to rest for the team as Harvard prepares to head to Pennsylvania for the Villanova Invite the following week.

Men’s Volleyball

Despite losing two straight at the turn of the month, the Crimson have been on the rise in February, winning its last two contests by a 3-1 margin. Harvard hopes to carry its momentum into this weekend, when it faces No. 7 Penn State and St. Francis in a pair of match-ups.

Women’s Swimming and Diving

The women capped an undefeated season in dual meets with a 199-99 win over Princeton and a 209-89 routing of Yale last weekend. The team is riding some serious momentum and good vibes as it prepares for the Ivy League and ECAC Championships in two weeks.

Men's SwimmingWomen's SwimmingMen's VolleyballWomen's Water Polo