Harvard-Arizona: By The Numbers

By David Freed, Crimson Staff Writer

Before the game against Arizona on Saturday (6:10 EDT, TNT), The Back Page brings you a quick ‘By the Numbers’ preview about what to look for against the Wildcats.

0 … Times that Arizona coach Sean Miller has coached against an Ivy League team.

12-5… Arizona’s record on road or neutral site games this season (the Wildcats are 14-2 at home).

11 … Number of three-pointers that Harvard junior Laurent Rivard has made in his two NCAA tournament game (on 16 attempts).

29 … Number of consecutive winning seasons for Arizona (Harvard has four).

102 … Years since the creation of the Harvard basketball team, with Thursday’s NCAA tournament win the first in school history.

54.6 … The Wildcats’ rebounding percentage (percent of all available boards the team grabs), good for 12th in the country.

29 … Consecutive games in which sophomore guard Wesley Saunders has scored 10 or more points. Saunders has scored 20 or more points six times.

19.6 … The turnover percentage for Sean Miller’s squad, 195th in the country.

32 … The number of tournament games Arizona has played since 2000 (Harvard has played two).

34 … The number of Wildcats drafted to the NBA since 1988 (Harvard has zero).

—Staff writer David Freed can be reached at davidfreed@college.harvard.edu. Follow him on Twitter @CrimsonDPFreed.

Men's BasketballNCAA Tournament 2013