Top Five Games to Watch In the Fall

By Julian Ryan, Crimson Staff Writer

Problem sets are already starting to roll in and the work of the semester is actually beginning to sink in, but don’t lose hope. The fall brings another season of Crimson sports, and here are five games to look forward to.

Harvard Football vs. Yale, November 23

It’s called “The Game” for a reason. The one time each year the entire student body rallies against a common enemy should be the primary date in your Crimson sporting calendar. Don’t stay at home for this one.

Harvard Crew, Head of the Charles Regatta, October 19-20

One of the spectator events of the fall season occurs right on our doorstep. Take a day, wander down to the river, and enjoy some of the best rowing competition in the world. What more do you want?

Harvard Football vs. Princeton, October 26

After last season’s gut-wrenching defeat to an incredible fourth quarter comeback by Princeton, the Crimson will be gunning for revenge when the Tigers come to Cambridge in late October. The game also has the potential to be crucial for deciding the Ivy title, adding more fuel to the fire.

Harvard Women’s Ice Hockey vs. Cornell, November 15

These teams were dead even last year, splitting their regular season meetings and the ECAC regular season title before Cornell edged Harvard out in the final of the ECAC conference tournament. Traditionally, the men’s rivalry has been fiercer, but this year, it may be that the women’s games will be the most intense.

Men’s Basketball vs. Holy Cross @ TD Garden, November 10

In case you hadn’t heard, men’s basketball might be really good this year – like really good. The team opens their season heavily favored against a Holy Cross team, but what a great venue. Playing at the TD Garden in front of the national media, you can be sure that Tommy Amaker’s boys will do their best to put on a show.

Sports Blog