Brandyn Curry Signs With Agent

By David Freed, Crimson Staff Writer

Nearly a month after ending his career at Harvard in an 80-71 third-round NCAA Tournament loss to Michigan State, co-captain Brandyn Curry has signed with an agent to pursue a professional basketball career.

Curry announced last week that he is signing with Scorers 1st, a sports management company that will work as Curry’s agent.

“We could not be more excited to have the chance to work for and with Brandyn as he makes the transition from college to playing professionally at the next level,” said Scorers 1st CEO Gerrit Kersten-Thiele, an NBA-certified agent.

At Harvard, Curry was part of the first Ivy League outright champions in school history, leading the squad to March Madness in 2012. That year, as a junior, Curry was selected as a candidate for the 2012 Bob Cousy Award, which honors the best point guard in the country, and earned second-team All-Ivy honors.

Curry, who ranks fifth all-time on the school’s assist list with 489 in his career, will join a Sports 1st client list that includes Patrick Ewing Jr. and Ali Farokhmanesh.

Men's Basketball