Now that the madness of March has run its course, the spring sports season is finally upon us. At last, the baseball and softball diamonds are clear of snow, the bubble over Harvard Stadium has come down, and the weather is—well, almost cooperating.
Oh, the times, they are a-changin’, and there is plenty going on around the Harvard sports scene. But fear not, the athletes still have found ways to stay active on Twitter in the meantime. As always, here at The Back Page, we couldn’t let them go unnoticed. Enjoy!
5. As previously mentioned, the weather is only close to actually cooperating, and, after having a double-header against Cornell cancelled over the weekend, baseball’s freshman left-hander Kevin Rex understands the struggle.
“Games played: 0, hours on Peter Pan bus: 20+”
If going to Ithaca in the first place wasn’t bad enough…
4. Freshman men’s hockey forward Tyler Moy has come up with a new and effective way to ace papers.
“You know you're a student-athlete when you're taking pre-workout to write an essay #SHAKESpeare”
Whatev’r it dost taketh to procure a satisfactory mark.
3. Maksim Korolev, a senior men’s track star, was certainly in good spirits on April 1.
“In honor of April Fools' Day, I will walk around as Borat. Retweet this by the end of the day, I will send you a personalized Borat Vine.”
We sure are going to miss you when you head to Stanford, Max.
2. One question just can’t seem to get off the mind of senior wrestler Anthony Zonfrelli.
“Do little Chinese kids dig holes to America? I gotta know”
If they do, wouldn’t they cross paths with their American counterparts halfway down?
1. John Rose, a senior midfielder for the men’s lacrosse team, tops our list as he may be well on his way to blowing up the internet.
“Thinking about starting a match making website for old people called Carbon Dating #science”
Remodeling “love at first swipe” for the technologically impaired. Brilliant.