Harvard Men's Basketball Schedule Released

By David Freed, Crimson Staff Writer

The Harvard men’s basketball team will play seven of its first eight games in the Boston area, according to the 2014-2015 schedule released by Harvard men’s basketball coach Tommy Amaker on Tuesday. The Crimson will begin its season with MIT at home on Nov. 14 and will not leave Massachusetts for the rest of the month—closing with a marquee home matchup against UMass on Nov. 29.

In December, Harvard will take to the road to play two foes from Big Six conferences—the University of Virginia and Arizona State. The Sun Devils, the Cavaliers, and the Minutemen are the only 2014 NCAA Tournament teams on Harvard’s schedule.

“We have put together a strong non-conference schedule that will help us prepare for the rigors of Ivy League play,” Amaker said in a statement released by the team.

After playing a Dec. 8 home game against Boston University, Harvard will play only two contests at Lavietes Pavilion until a Feb. 13-14 homestand against Columbia and Cornell. The Crimson take the road for five of its first six Ivy League matchups, including a trip to Princeton and Penn during the first weekend of the spring semester.

Harvard will close the season by playing six of its final eight games at Lavietes, where the team has lost just three games over the last three years. After closing the regular season with road games at Yale and Brown in 2014, the Crimson will face the Bulldogs and the Bears at home on Mar. 6-7 to conclude the 2015 season.

Sports Blog