Dahlke and Leung Represent Women's Swimming and Diving at NCAAs

By Leon K. Yang, Crimson Staff Writer

At this year’s NCAA Championships, two members of the Harvard women’s swimming and diving team brought their talents to the national stage. Sophomore Miki Dahlke and senior Jing Leung competed in the meet in Columbus, Ohio, which stretched for four days starting on March 14.

On day two of the championship meet, Dahlke raced in the preliminaries for the 100-yard fly and 200-yard freestyle. In the 100-yard fly, she finished in 21st with a time of 52.35, and in the 200-yard freestyle, she touched the wall in 1:48.00. In the 100-yard freestyle, Dahlke finished in 48.87.

This year’s performance marked Dahlke’s second trip to the NCAA Championships. She competed in the 50-yard, 100-yard, and 200-yard freestyle last year.

Dahlke’s championship run comes after impressive swims in the Ivy League Championships. The Mill Valley, Calif., native set records in the 100-yard freestyle, 200-yard freestyle, and 100-yard butterfly and was ultimately crowned the the Ivy League High Point Swimmer of the Meet and also received All-Ivy Fi

Leung competed in platform diving on Saturday. She accumulated 217.85 points in the preliminaries. The senior entered the championship meet after capturing first place at the NCAA Zone A Diving Championships with a score of 514.85. This was her third appearance at the NCAA Championships. At the Ivy League Championships, she was also named the Ron Keenhold Career High Point Diver.

—Staff writer Leon K. Yang can be reached at leon.yang@thecrimson.com.

Women's Swimming