10,000 Mendez of Harvard

What's Next for Women's Hockey?

March 25, 2015

“Break’s over,” he says after a week of mishaps. They thank him and file out of the Oval Office. Standing at his desk, he bellows at his assistant, “Mrs. Landingham, what’s next?” giving rise to a phrase that will reappear time and time again throughout Aaron Sorkin and Thomas Schlamme’s television masterpiece.

Read more

Women's Ice Hockey Contends For Title Without Stone

March 11, 2014

During the 2009-2010 season, defending national champion Wisconsin saw its head coach Mark Johnson and two players depart for the Vancouver Olympics. The Badgers barely broke .500 and failed to make the NCAA Tournament. The picture couldn’t be more different for Stone and Harvard interim head coach Maura Crowell.

Read more

Confessions of an Almost-Tiger

February 07, 2014

March 30, 2011 will always be “The Day the Music Died,” at least to me. That fateful Wednesday marked the end of my dreams of being a Princeton Tiger. My future in idyllic central New Jersey, clad in orange and black, died even faster than Mitch Henderson’s NBA career. I would not be part of the Jadwin Jungle, and I would not take part in a “P-rade,” whatever that might be.

Read more

Women's Basketball Gaining Momentum

March 06, 2013

But stoppable they certainly were. Over two halves, Harvard dismantled Princeton, holding their opponent to 25.8-percent shooting from the field, nearly 20 percent lower than their season average. Rasheed found herself suffocated by Crimson defenders, hitting just 3-of-12 field goal attempts.

Read more