10,000 Mendez of Harvard

Women's Ice Hockey Contends For Title Without Stone

March 11, 2014

On July 8, 2012, Katey Stone, the Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard women’s ice hockey, was named the head coach of the USA Olympic Women’s Team, breaking barriers as the first woman to hold this post. As Stone prepared to depart from her office at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center and leave the Crimson in different hands for the first time since the 1993-1994 season, chatter began to brew about how Harvard would fare in her absence. When it became clear that several members of Stone’s team would join her in Sochi, the chatter intensified.

During the 2009-2010 season, defending national champion Wisconsin saw its head coach Mark Johnson and two players depart for the Vancouver Olympics. The Badgers barely broke .500 and failed to make the NCAA Tournament. The picture couldn’t be more different for Stone and Harvard interim head coach Maura Crowell.

Read more

Confessions of an Almost-Tiger

February 07, 2014

March 30, 2011 will always be “The Day the Music Died,” at least to me. That fateful Wednesday marked the end of my dreams of being a Princeton Tiger. My future in idyllic central New Jersey, clad in orange and black, died even faster than Mitch Henderson’s NBA career. I would not be part of the Jadwin Jungle, and I would not take part in a “P-rade,” whatever that might be.

Read more

Women's Basketball Gaining Momentum

March 06, 2013

At 7 p.m. last Friday evening at Lavietes Pavilion, with 33 straight Ivy League wins under their belt, the Princeton women’s basketball team seemed poised to move even closer to a fourth consecutive Ancient Eight crown. Senior Niveen Rasheed, the league’s leading scorer at 17 points per game, had led her team to victory in every conference game this season by an average margin of 33 points, and she showed no signs of slowing down anytime soon. The Tigers looked unstoppable.

But stoppable they certainly were. Over two halves, Harvard dismantled Princeton, holding their opponent to 25.8-percent shooting from the field, nearly 20 percent lower than their season average. Rasheed found herself suffocated by Crimson defenders, hitting just 3-of-12 field goal attempts.

Read more

Dance at the fair
Freshmen

Survey Part I: Get To Know Harvard’s Class of 2018

Freshman Survey Cover
Freshmen

Class of 2018: By the Numbers

india_reina
Highlight

An Evil Woman

Academic Fair at the Plaza
On Campus

Opening Days