E. B. Write

By E. Benjamin Samuels

Postseason Restrictions Temper Fan Interest

The Harvard-Cornell football game on Saturday was telling.

The team looks as strong as it has been in about a decade, perhaps longer. The Crimson currently holds the longest win streak in all of Division-I football, a run that dates back to week two of last year. Harvard is ranked No. 21/22 in the FCS. And the team handled the Big Red, the only squad in the league that was expected to contend with Harvard for the Ancient Eight Title.

Read more »

Men's Basketball Changes Dynamic on Campus

I have a confession to make.

In the final minutes of Tuesday night’s game between Penn and Princeton that sent Harvard to its first NCAA tournament since 1946, my gut betrayed what I knew was best for the Crimson.

Read more »

Does a Curse Plague Harvard?

Before Saturday night, I tried not to think about it. But at this point, there’s no way around it.

Harvard basketball is cursed.

Read more »

Encroachment on Day of Atonement

Part of the responsibility that comes with being a football beat writer is travelling to all of the team’s road games.

It’s a fun job, but you can end up in some interesting places. Travelling to New York isn’t so bad. Making the trip to Lafayette can be.

Read more »

Harvard Athletics Boosts Fan Interest

Last Saturday, I watched the first night game in the history of Michigan Stadium, a matchup between the Wolverines and Notre Dame. Just about 115,000 fans showed up for the game, a record even for a school that hasn’t failed to draw a six-digit crowd since 1975.

Sometime in the second quarter, the broadcasters asked the trivia question of the night: “Which football stadium went the longest between its opening and its first night game.”

Read more »
1-5 of 8
Older ›
Oldest »