Levine La Vida Loca

By Theo Levine

Sunday's League Championship Game a Must-Win for Men's Lacrosse

The Harvard men’s lacrosse team (10-5, 5-1 Ivy) secured a berth in the Ivy League Championship game with a win over rival Yale (9-5, 3-3) in the tournament’s semifinal game Friday night in Harvard Stadium.

This marked the second one-goal win over the Bulldogs in as many weeks for the Crimson. The team’s last four games have all been decided by only one point, three of which resulted in victories for Harvard.

Read more »

Defense Paves Path for Men's Lacrosse

The Harvard men’s lacrosse team (8-5, 4-1 Ivy) finished both of its last two seasons with a 6-8 record, going 2-4 in conference play. In NCAA lacrosse, the Ivy League is one of the most competitive forums in existence. Traditional powerhouses Cornell and Princeton, coupled with the emergent powers of Yale and Penn, make competing for the one guaranteed bid to the NCAA tournament incredibly challenging for any team in the Ancient Eight. This level of talent also makes it enormously difficult to generate an appealing resume for the 10 at-large bids that are given out.

The Crimson will finish this season having played 14 games. According to the computer-based RPI poll, the team will have played the second, third, fifth, sixth, 12th, 15th, 16th, and 17th-ranked teams. Both the Inside Lacrosse poll and the USILA DI Coaches’ poll show Harvard as having played against six teams out of the top 20.

Read more »
1-2 of 2