Out of Left Feld

Formerly Retired Penn Football Coach Joins Lions

9 days ago

It still does not look real, the image of former Penn football coach Al Bagnoli standing at a podium in front of a bunch of Columbia logos.

Bagnoli, in the foreground, is second in wins and conference titles in Ivy League history. He had three perfect seasons at Penn before calling it quits at the end of last season.

Read more

Men's Basketball Bounces Back Against Killer P's

February 03, 2015

­PHILADELPHIA — Let’s take a look at the second night of Harvard men’s basketball.

Literally, I’m talking about Saturday night’s 63-38 victory over Penn to sweep a back-to-back road trip against the Quakers and Princeton. 

Read more

For Football, It's Time for the Real Game to Begin

November 18, 2014

Let’s go through what we know first, and then we can talk about why none of it matters much.

1. The Harvard football team is your 2014 Ivy League champion. With a 34-24 win over Penn Saturday, the Crimson clinched a share of coach Tim Murphy’s eighth Ivy title and moved one game away from a perfect season.

Read more

Football Rides Defensive Effort to Eighth Win

November 11, 2014

I walked into Harvard Stadium Saturday expecting not to learn anything about the Crimson football team during its matchup with 0-7 (now 0-8) Columbia. I walked out of the Stadium admitting I had been wrong.

Of course the game was the blowout everyone expected, a 45-0 win only because Harvard (8-0, 5-0 Ivy) did not want to score anymore in the fourth quarter. The Lions still have not scored on the Crimson since 2011 and have won just four games in those four years.

Read more

Defense Leads Historically Dominant Harvard Squad

November 05, 2014

At the end of this column (no peeking), I am going to write something I never expected to see in this paper this season.

I certainly would not have predicted this column before the season started, back when so many fresh feet were tasked with filling such big cleats on defense.

Read more

9/11 Memorial
College

Boots on the Ground: ROTC at Harvard

Kaledora Kiernan-Linn
College

The Dropouts

Snow on Plympton
College

More Snow Looming, College Alters Dining Schedule

Divest Harvard Rally
Central Administration

After 24-Hour Sit-In, Divest Harvard Protesters Leave Mass. Hall