Out of Left Feld

Men's Basketball Copes with Heartbreaking Ending

March 25, 2015

How do you prevent a bad ending from ruining everything else? How do you remember a season for what it was rather than how it concluded?

These are not rhetorical questions. I really don’t have answers.

Read more

Men's Basketball Season About More Than Final Tallies

March 17, 2015

{image id=1305083 size=large caption=true}

This column is going to get a little vague and philosophical. It will be interesting, maybe even insightful, but not necessarily compelling. So let’s start small, as small as we can get. Let’s start with the flick of the wrist—co-captain Steve Moundou-Missi’s wrist, to be specific.

Read more

Both Teams Get Second Chance in Ivy Playoff

March 12, 2015

This Harvard men’s basketball season has had more downs than ups. That’s the downside of past success and high expectations. So it was only fitting that the Crimson’s biggest high came not during a game but 62 minutes after one, while the team’s seniors ate pizza and a few other players lingered in Lavietes Pavilion, glued to iPhones and laptops, hoping against hope for something else to break their way.

Those hopes cashed in when Dartmouth beat Yale with a buzzer-beater to force an Ivy League playoff between the Bulldogs and the Crimson this Saturday with a trip to the NCAA Tournament on the line.
In doing so, the Big Green ensured that this Harvard season will not be forgotten, regardless of what happens at the Palestra Saturday afternoon.

Read more

Formerly Retired Penn Football Coach Joins Lions

February 25, 2015

It still does not look real, the image of former Penn football coach Al Bagnoli standing at a podium in front of a bunch of Columbia logos.

Bagnoli, in the foreground, is second in wins and conference titles in Ivy League history. He had three perfect seasons at Penn before calling it quits at the end of last season.

Read more

Men's Basketball Bounces Back Against Killer P's

February 03, 2015

­PHILADELPHIA — Let’s take a look at the second night of Harvard men’s basketball.

Literally, I’m talking about Saturday night’s 63-38 victory over Penn to sweep a back-to-back road trip against the Quakers and Princeton. 

Read more

Massachusetts Hall
FAS

Graduate Students Start Movement To Unionize

Central Administration

Amidst Title IX Debate, Law Faculty Raise Governance Concerns

John Stilgoe Office
College

John Stilgoe’s Secret History

Big States, Little States
College

Beyond Boston: Regional Diversity at Harvard