Sept. 10-Sept. 26: Suspicious Lunches, Suspicious Drinking

During the last few weeks of September, HUPD has continued to respond to numerous reports of “suspicious activity” and “unwanted guests.” These reports, alongside increased noise complaints and reports of “loud parties” have made the last few weeks here at Harvard pretty interesting. Take a look!

BY THE NUMBERS

Reports of “suspicious activity”: 40

Reports of “loud parties”: 15

Number of “unwanted guests”: 12

Noise complaints: 16

Total value of stolen computers: $4,800.00

Total value of stolen bikes: $2,849.00

Sept. 10, 2010

Suspicious Activity (11:12 a.m.)

Austin Hall, 1515 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report that an individual received a suspicious e-mail.

Assist Cambridge Police (11:45 a.m.)

1515 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report that an individual was approached by an unknown individual demanding to know the location of another individual. When the reporting individual informed the individual they did not know where the other individual was several times, the individual left the area. Officer advised the individual to file a report with CPD also.

Suspicious Package (6:51 p.m.)

Lamont Library, 11 Quincy Street, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of a suspicious backpack in the area. Officer arrived and advised it was an individual's lunch and not suspicious.

Sept. 12, 2010

Suspicious Activity (1:18 p.m.)

Blackstone Steam Plant Complex, 46 Blackstone Street, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of individuals urinating in the area. Officer reports the individuals were gone on arrival but remained in the area for awhile in case any more individuals arrived.

Suspicious Activity (1:24 p.m.)

29 Garden Street, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report that an individual received a suspicious phone call. Officer reports the call was a wrong number.

Field Interview (11:23 p.m.)

29 Garden Street, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of an individual in the area with their pants down. Upon arrival the officers located the individual and conducted a field interview. The individual was checked for wants/warrants with negative results and sent on their way.

Sept. 16, 2010

Assist Cambridge Police (1:22 a.m.)

Fly Club, 2 Holyoke Place, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of loud noise and music. Officers located the noise at the Fly Club and report the individuals were going to turn the music down.

Unwanted Guest (9:03 p.m.)

Quincy House A, 58 Plympton Street, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report that an unwanted guest may come to the area. Upon arrival officers were informed an individual requested to hand out flyers during a meeting. The individual was informed they were not allowed to hand out flyers. As officers were leaving they located an individual handing out flyers and informed them they needed to leave the area. The individual left the area without incident.

Sept. 18, 2010

Suspicious Activity (6:37 p.m.)

Stadium, 79 North Harvard Street, Allston

Officers notified of individuals playing drinking games in the area. Officers located the individuals and informed them to end the games.

Disturbance (7:05 p.m.)

Gordon Track, 79 North Harvard Street, Allston

Officers dispatched to a report of a group of individuals throwing drinks behind the track. Officers arrived and sent the their way.

Suspicious Activity (7:38 p.m.)

Officer reports individuals drinking in the area. Officers report the individuals disposed of their drinks.

Suspicious Activity (8:57 p.m.)

Officer notified of an individual drinking in the area. Officer reports the individual was gone on arrival.

Suspicious Activity (9:09 p.m.)

Officers dispatched to a report of two individuals spitting at other individuals in the area. Officers searched the area for the individuals with negative results.

Sept. 20, 2010

Suspicious Activity (10:53 a.m.)

New Research Building, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston

Officer dispatched to a report that an individual found a sticker on the floor that was suspicious. While talking to the reporting individual another individual informed the officer the sticker fell off their coat and it was a misunderstanding. Officer reports everything was in order.

Hazardous Condition (12:04 p.m.)

Widener Library, 31 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to keep the area clear while workers cleared the area of bees.

Suspicious Activity (12:17 a.m.)

Mather House Tower, 93 Banks Street, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report that an individual received a suspicious voicemail.

Sept. 22, 2010

Suspicious Activity (12:35 a.m.)

Officers dispatched to a report of a suspicious bag left on the stairs of the building. Officers report the bag contained an individuals leftover lunch and was not suspicious.

Sept. 23, 2010

Suspicious Activity (2:15 a.m.)

North Hall, 1651 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report that an individual heard scratching at their window. Officers arrived and searched the area for anyone suspicious with negative results. Officers report the noise may have been the sprinkler water hitting the window.

Field Interview (8:51 p.m.)

Au Bon Pain, 1360 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge

Officers observed an individual carrying a container of alcohol in a paper bag. Officers conducted a field interview with the individual who was checked for wants/warrants with negative results. Officers report the container of alcohol was not yet opened and the individual was sent on their way.

Sept. 24, 2010

Suspicious Activity (11:16 p.m.)

Weld Hall, 3 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of a group of individuals smoking marijuana. Officers searched the area for the group with negative results.

Sept. 26, 2010

Suspicious Activity (1:00 a.m.)

17 Shaler Lane, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report of suspicious activity. Upon arrival the reporting individual informed the officer they heard a knock on their door and when they replied an unknown individual entered their locked apartment and said they were looking for a friend. The individual then left the area. The individual stated they called HRES to have their locks changed.

Warrant Arrest (8:47 a.m.)

JFK Park, 968 Memorial Drive, Cambridge

Officer observed two individuals engaged in sexual intercourse in the park. Officers conducted a field interview with the individuals who were both checked for wants/warrants. One individual was negative for wants/warrants and was sent on their way. The other individual was positive for warrants and was placed under arrest.

CrimeSecuritas

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.