1/6 - 1/22: Loitering in the Restroom

January saw HUPD getting the usual bizarre dispatches, though it's been a quiet month overall. Theft and suspicious activity are down, as are noise complaints (the month's sole loud party was thrown in Adams.) As part of our Securitas Series, we've combed through recent HUPD logs and published some of the more colorful entries below.

BY THE NUMBERS:

Demonstrations: 5

Loud parties: 1

Reports of suspicious activity: 26

Reports of harassment: 3

Total value of stolen laptops: $9,079

Total value of stolen bicycles: $750

Total value of stolen vacuum cleaners: $1,200

Total value of stolen tennis equipment: $1,160

Jan. 6, 2012

Suspicious Activity (7:17 p.m.)

29 Garden Street, Cambridge

Officer dispatched to a report of an individual running up and down the stairs serval (sic) times. Officer arrived and reports individual was gone on arrival.

Jan. 7, 2012

Suspicious Activity (12:17 a.m.)

Delphic Club, 9 Linden St., Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of two individuals attempting to gain access to the building through the fire escape. Officers arrived and determined the individuals had authorization to be there and were just locked out of the building.

Jan. 11, 2012

Unwanted Guest (5:23 p.m.)

Holyoke Center, 1350 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of an individual in the restroom for an extended amount of time. Officers arrived and sent the individual on their way.

Jan. 12, 2012

Assault Report (11:27 a.m.)

College Dining Hall, 80 JFK St., Cambridge

Officers dispatched to take a report that an individual had threatened another individual. Officers arrived and spoke to a party who stated another individual threatened to hit them with a pan. Officer reports complaints will be filed against an individual in this case.

Jan. 15, 2012

Field Interview (4:12 p.m.)

John Harvard Statue, 1 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officer observed an individual placing signs and a mask on the statue. Officer conducted a field interview with the individual and another individual in the area who had approached the first individual during the incident. The individual was instructed to remove the signs and both individuals were sent on their way.

Jan. 19, 2012

Suspicious Activity (3:45 p.m.)

CGIS-South, 1730 Cambridge St., Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of an individual acting suspicious inside of the building. Officers arrived and report individual was just looking for directions to the bus stop. Officers directed the individual and report all is in order.

Jan. 22, 2012

Suspicious Activity (9:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.)

20 Dewolfe St., Cambridge

Officer dispatched to take a report of suspicious activity. Officer arrived and spoke to the reporting party who stated that this was the second occasion they have arrived home to find a bag of trash in the middle of their room. Officer reports management was notified of the incident.

Disorderly Conduct (11:32 p.m.)

Widener Library, 31 Harvard Yard, Cambridge

Officers dispatched to a report of a group of individuals throwing snowballs at passersby. Officers arrived and sent the group on their way.

AdamsSecuritas

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.