HUPD Police Log 10/13 - 11/02: Bag Check Bandit and Suspicious Squirt Guns

•
HUPD
HUPD

HUPD has had their hands full with us Harvard students over the past few weeks. Between unchecked bags, stolen soda, and suspicious smells, it seems that a lot's been going on around campus. As part of our Securitas Series, we've combed through recent HUPD logs and published some of the more colorful entries below.

October 13
Officers dispatched to a report of an individual who left the area without having their bag checked. Officers arrived and report security identified individual and all was in order.

We’ve all wondered about the consequences of running past the bag check person. Turns out you don’t get mauled by trained angry squirrels as we envisioned.

October 15
Officer dispatched to take a report of stolen soda cans valued at $20.00. The reporting individual also informed the officer that their cooler door lock was vandalized.

True life: Addicted to Coke.

October 17
Officer dispatched to a report of an individual who used a fake/counterfeit $5.00 bill.

“No, sir, we don’t accept Monopoly money.”

October 20
Officer dispatched to a report of a group of kids playing football in the area. Officer arrived and advised kids to not throw the football around.

10 yard penalty.

October 21
Officers dispatched to a panic alarm activation. Officers arrived and report individual who has an active trespass warning had locked themselves inside the restroom and would not come out. Officers advised the individual to come out of the restroom numerous times to which they did not comply. Officers then proceeded to go into the restroom and place the individual under arrest for trespassing.

Don’t be so modest HUPD! We all know “proceeded to go into” entails karate kicking down the door with the might of a Bengal tiger.

October 23
Officers dispatched to a report of the smell of marijuana. Officers arrived and spoke to the reporting party who informed them of the room that the smell was coming from. Officers spoke to occupants of room and could not detect exactly where the smell was coming from but did inform them that smoking of any kind was not allowed in the building.

“Officer, I swear this tall glass thing is a vase!”

October 24
Officers dispatched to a report of an individual carrying a sword. Officers arrived, located individual and report sword is a prop.

Everyone’s favorite sword swallower is back!

Officers dispatched to a report of an individual with a spray paint can outside of the building. Officers arrived and report group of students with squirt guns playing a game.

Offended I wasn’t invited to this squirt gun fight.

October 27
Officer dispatched to a report of an individual who had received two gifts from an unknown individual.

I really don’t see a problem here at all.

November 1
Report from Security that an individual was asleep in a motor vehicle that was parked in the middle of the road. Security called back and stated vehicle had left the area.

Power nap.

CrimeHUPDFlyby Front Featureshenanigans

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.