The Crimm

By Natalia Wojcik, Crimson Staff Writer

Quote: “Clowns to killers. I choose not to play into any of it. The more attention we give it just gives it more fuel.” —Glenn Kohlberger, the president of Clowns of America International.

What to say to your friend who is afraid of clowns…

Don’t watch “American Horror Story.” Seriously. This clown is so terrifying that the Clowns of America International protested, claiming that the show perpetuates clown-phobia. However, viewers seem to relish the horror, and after its premiere on Oct. 8, the series has already been renewed for a fifth season, making fans excited for what murders and monsters are next.

What to say to your friend who is considering cancelling their cable…

Netflix has got you covered.  “Friends” just announced that it will be hopping on the Netflix bandwagon, joining other favorites like “How I Met Your Mother,” “Gilmore Girls,” “Breaking Bad,” and “New Girl.” All 10 seasons of the beloved comedy will be available in the U.S. and Canada on Jan. 1, 2015. Good luck getting any work done…

What to say to your friend who is an aspiring actress…

Well, can you hold your own against Emma Stone? The beloved actress is branching out from her start on the silver screen. Replacing Michelle Williams in the role of Sally Bowles, Stone will make her Broadway debut in the revival of “Cabaret” on Nov. 11.

What to say to a fan of “The Hunger Games”…

Patience is a virtue. The third installment in this saga isn’t due to premiere until Nov. 21. In the meantime, a new trailer has been released to quell the thirst of a yearlong wait. Featuring samples from the film’s soundtrack curated by Lorde, this trailer gives viewers a sneak-peek at the ruins of District 12 as seen through Katniss’s eyes.

What to say to your friend who misses the U.K. after their time abroad...

Just turn on your TV! Following in the footsteps of “Skins” and “The Office,” yet another hit British TV show has landed on the doorstep of America, ready to be remade. The “IT Crowd” ran for five seasons from 2006-2013 and won a BAFTA, an International Emmy, and a Golden Rose award. Can its U.S. remake live up to this legacy?

Around Campus

The publicity team for “Little Murders” deserves an award because this show has been inescapable these past few weeks. Originally premiering in 1967, “Little Murders” is a satirical riff on the American family. Also playing this week is “Laughter on the 23rd Floor,” which details the antics of a 1950s star and his ambitious staff. Both run until Oct. 25.

But if going to the theater is just not for you, drop by the Science Center on your way to class Oct. 23 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The “Harvard-MIT Research Expo: A Dialogue in Art” is transforming the lobby into a wonderland of origami, photography, poetry, biological artwork, and math sculptures.

While “IVY” may be taking its time in producing the long-awaited second episode, a new season from Ivory Tower titled “Absent” has sprung up on campus. Centered on a group of students who find themselves becoming invisible and unable to interact with society, this six-part series has just released its first trailer.

ColumnsArts